Online Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
If you’re ready for a rewarding career that makes a positive impact in the lives of others, LCU’s Master's degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling will prepare you to do just that and become a professional counselor.
You’ll enjoy small classes taught by cutting-edge professionals. Faculty members all hold doctorates in their field and are actively engaged in the counseling profession. Plus, you’ll gain comprehensive training in professional counseling taught from a Christian perspective. Rather than learning only Christian counseling theories, students learn the skills, theories and methods of professional counseling infused with Christian principles and values. Christian counseling programs frequently teach only Christian counseling approaches rather than all the theories and approaches utilized in professional counseling. With our program you don’t have to choose.
Quality Education Built Around Industry Standards
- Program curriculum is written to the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) standards for Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Courses meet licensing standards for professional counselors in Texas and many other states
- All courses requiring counseling skill development have a component of training in the residency to ensure skills competencies
- Students enjoy access to an online writing center with a doctorate level writing coach
- Courses incorporate iPads to teach how to use the latest apps available in the field
Learn Using the Latest Technology
Our program teaches you how to use an iPad, as well as industry-related apps, to advance your practice and improve patient care. This revolutionary approach provides you with marketable skills to enter a growing field and arms you with solid working knowledge of the digital tools successful counselors use routinely.
The use of iPads and apps throughout the curriculum marries world-class instruction with the technical skills employers value, offering students the opportunity to:
- Gain hands-on experience with the tools and technologies used by practicing counselors
- Be mobile in the field with constant access to resources
- Instantly access research to assist with diagnoses during sessions
- Teach clients to develop their own skills with app-based activities
- Stay organized by updating notes and records between appointments
- Evaluate appropriate behaviors and responses to crises
Flexible and Effective Programming
This 60-credit-hour, non-thesis program combines the benefits of online and residential courses:
- Take 75% of courses online for your convenience
- Take 25% of courses on campus for face-to-face time with faculty
- Participate in a 1-week residency each year (3 total) to learn practical skills
- Complete a practicum and 2 internship courses to gain necessary and invaluable real-world experience
Learn and Grow in a Supportive Environment
- Participate in personal growth groups and mentoring from caring counselors dedicated to your success
- Gain personal and spiritual development and encouragement from the online chapel and prayer room
- Enjoy a professional counseling curriculum that incorporates a Christian worldview
Visit our Industry Update section for information on the counseling industry
Mental Health Industry Update
Learn more about the online master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling: REQUEST MORE INFORMATION, today, or call us at (877) 307-5894 to speak to an advisor.