Fulfill Your Calling to Nonprofit Leadership
Are you ready to start improving the lives of others and making a real difference in your community? The online Master of Science in Human Services (MSHS) program from Lubbock Christian University gives you the skills to lead, start, or transform a nonprofit organization, lift up those in need, and promote healthy families. This Master of Science Human Services program gives students a wonderful opportunity to grow professionally while improving the quality of life of those in need. This affordable, online master's degree turns your passion for service into a rewarding and fulfilling career.
Why Human Services at LCU?
Hear from the Program Chair
At Lubbock Christian University, you will enjoy an intimate, supportive, and hands-on approach to learning that prepares you for success in the rewarding field of human services. Students at LCU will discover a more personalized academic experience. Lubbock Christian University takes a specialized approach to caring for its students – both intellectually and spiritually.
With a master’s in human services you will:
- Develop skills in organizational leadership, policy development, fundraising, and human resources management, all tailored to the nonprofit community
- Study crisis intervention, conflict resolution, and rehabilitation strategies for individuals and families
- Grow spiritually, emotionally, and academically under the guidance of caring professors
- Study a human services curriculum rooted in Christian faith and values
- Enjoy 100 percent online convenience with no residency requirements
- Build your career with the credentials of a fully accredited university recognized for its commitment to character development
- Match the diverse online curriculum to your specific service interests and career goals
Grounded in Christian and Biblical principles, the MS in Human Services gives you the skills to lead, start, or transform a nonprofit organization, lift up those in need, and promote healthy families.
Human Services Degree Service-Oriented Specializations
There are many ways to serve, and the online MSHS gives you the opportunity to tailor your degree in human service to the type of service that matches your personal and professional goals. In addition to a versatile core curriculum, you can choose either of these career-building specializations:
- Administration – Learn to organize, manage, and drive change at all levels of the nonprofit community in this leadership-oriented specialization.
- Family Life Educator – Take a preventative approach to family rehabilitation in this specialization, which prepares you to pursue CFLE certification.
The online human services degree from Lubbock Christian University is a 37-credit-hour program that can be completed entirely online in about two years.
Master’s in Human Services Career Outcomes
With a career in human services, you can make a difference in the lives of individuals – or even entire communities. The demand is on the rise for those with advanced degrees in this field who can take on high-level roles in human services organizations. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, this rapidly growing career field is expected to grow faster than other professions – by 21% from 2012-20221. Learn how to be an effective leader and how to make a difference while fostering social change.
Visit the career outlook page to learn about popular careers among Human Services graduates.
Speak to an advisor at 877-307-5894 or request more information to find out how the online Master of Science in Human Services degree can help you support those in need.
1Bureau of Labor Statistics - http://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/social-and-community-service-managers.htm