Reach a more rewarding career that makes a positive impact in the lives of others. Lubbock Christian University’s Master's degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling will prepare you become a professional counselor, with in-depth clinical knowledge imbued with Christian principles.
Witness firsthand the impact small classes taught by cutting-edge professionals can have on your educational experience. Faculty members all hold doctorates in their field and are actively engaged in the counseling profession. Their expertise instills within you a comprehensive training in professional counseling taught from a Christian perspective.
Unparalleled Expertise. Christian Foundation.
Too often Christian counseling programs neglect professional counseling approaches, forcing students to choose between a professional program and a Christian program. At LCU you have both. You will learn the skills, theories, and methods of professional counseling infused with a foundation of Christian principles and values.
Quality Education Built Around Industry Standards
- Program curriculum is written to the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) standards for Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Courses meet licensing standards for professional counselors in Texas and many other states
- All courses requiring counseling skill development have a component of training in the residency to ensure skills competencies
- Students enjoy access to an online writing center with a doctorate level writing coach
- Courses incorporate iPads to teach how to use the latest apps available in the field
Our program features the latest technology combined with the highest industry standards, rooted in a strong Christian ethic.
Learn Using the Latest Technology
Our program teaches you how to engage the latest technology within in the clinical environment, such as iPads and industry-related apps, to advance your practice and improve patient care. This revolutionary approach provides you with marketable skills to enter a growing field and arms you with a solid working knowledge of the digital tools successful counselors use routinely.
The use of iPads and apps throughout the curriculum combines world-class instruction with the technical competencies employers value, offering you the opportunity to:
- Gain hands-on experience with the tools and technologies used by practicing counselors
- Be mobile in the field with constant access to resources
- Instantly access research to assist with diagnoses during sessions
- Teach clients to develop their own skills with app-based activities
- Stay organized by updating notes and records between appointments
- Evaluate appropriate behaviors and responses to crises
Flexible and Effective Programming
This 60-credit-hour, non-thesis program combines the benefits of online and residential courses:
- Take 75% of courses online for your convenience
- Take 25% of courses on campus for face-to-face time with faculty
- Participate in a 1-week residency each year (3 total) to learn practical skills
- Complete a practicum and 2 internship courses to gain necessary and invaluable real-world experience
Learn and Grow in a Supportive Environment
At LCU, your success, in learning and life, is our first priority.
- Participate in personal growth groups and mentoring from caring counselors dedicated to your success
- Gain personal and spiritual development and encouragement from the online chapel and prayer room
- Enjoy a professional counseling curriculum that incorporates a Christian worldview
Request more information about the Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling or call us at (877) 307-5894 to speak to an advisor today.